Everything you need to know about MCT oil is here.
As many people recommend the use of coconut oil, we look at its benefits for our daily consumption.
We also explore the difference between MCT oil and coconut oil, as well as where to source it in Malaysia.
Let’s dive right in.
What Is MCT Oil?
To understand MCTs, let’s start from the beginning.
MCT Oil is a fat derived from highly concentrated Medium-chain Triglycerides, which undergoes a process called fractionation.
It involves extraction and isolating the MCTs from coconut or palm kernel oil.
It has smaller molecules than the Long-chain Triglycerides (LCTs).
With its small feature, it is easier for the molecules been absorbed into your bloodstream and turns them into energy that your body can use.
MCT oils contain 100% caprylic acid (C8), 100% capric acid (C10) or a combination of the two substances, C8 and C10.
However, Caproic acid (C6) has an unpleasant taste and smell, thus it is not normally included together.
As for lauric acid (C12), it is often missing or only present in small amounts.
What Are The Benefits Of MCT Oil?
You may have read a couple of online articles or watched some videos regarding its benefits, but below here are some of them that I have listed for you:
1. May Aid In Losing Weight In Several Ways
– Lower energy density
– Increase fullness
– Fat Storage
– Low Carb Diet: (Ketogenic Diet – to lose weight).
2. To Enhance Exercise Performance
– It serves as an alternative energy source, sparing glycogen stores and increase energy level during high-intensity exercise.
3. Gives Other Health Benefits
Several studies portray that it brings benefits but some of them prove no effects.
- A study by Stewart, J. W., et al proves that calves who consumed MCT rich milk had lower cholesterol compared to calves who fed with LCT rich milk.
- A study by Tholstrup, T., et al reportedly saying that 14 healthy men reacted negatively towards MCT supplements and increase total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
- In one study by Han J. R., et al portrayed that 40 individuals with excess weight and type 2 diabetes affected positively towards MCTs supplements as it reduced the body weight and insulin resistance.
- If you have trouble digesting or to get the nutrients you need, you should get more MCT.
- Improve brain function by treating brain disorders like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- One study by Sharma, A., Bernis, M., & Desilets A. R., found MCTs improved learning, memory and brain processing from mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease.
How much should you consume for MCT oil?
Although MCT is a potential ticket to gain health benefits, you should clear with the dose you needed to obtain the benefits.
Some supplements label suggested 1-3 tablespoons daily.
There are no serious side effects due to overdose intake, but you must be aware of their minor effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and upset stomach.
Nevertheless, ensure to do further research on MCT content as not all MCT provides the same health benefits.
What Is The Difference Between MCT Oil And Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil comes from coconut flesh where the extraction process occurred- extracting away the fibre, carbohydrates and proteins, but only leave behind the fat content.
Coconut oil helps to improve good HDL cholesterol and lower bad LDL cholesterol.
If you are looking to hydrate your skin, coconut oil is your best option to choose from the market.
A lot of manufacturers prescribed MCT oil is as good as coconut oil due to caprylic acid (C8) and capric acid (C10) present in there, which thought to ensure rapidly absorb and processed the energy, unlike with lauric acid (C12).
However, lauric acid is a less effective MCT source in producing Ketones due to higher chained carbon number.
Although lauric acid is a primary component in the coconut oil, manufacturers still market their MCT oils as liquid coconut oil, which leads to misleading for buyers out there.
If you are seeking a product that may achieve overall good health, you may proceed with coconut oil or palm kernel oil in the cooking. It is sufficient.
If you are seeking for higher doses, you may want to try considering MCT oil instead.
This is because coconut oil and palm kernel oil are rich sources of medium-chain triglycerides but MCT oil contains a higher amount than they do.
One of the good things about MCT oil is tasteless and odourless.
“Interesting, so how to use MCT oil for my daily intake?”
You may mix the oil with other food or drinks, and your cooking too – which depends on your preference.
MCT oil and coconut oil also can be incorporated into your diet as a healthy source of fat.
Thus, you need to think out of the box, be creative on your cooking style and determine which recipes that you prefer the most.
MCT Oil Manufacturer Malaysia
“Where can I get that MCT Oil?”
Firstly, it is not widely available to any store, so you won’t find them easily.
If you prefer doing your online, you can find it on our company website, RVCOMS Sdn Bhd.
We manufacture and supply genuine virgin coconut oil, RBD coconut oil, crude coconut oil and MCT oil to both consumers and producers.
Yes, you can buy them in bulk and get your best private label C8 & C10 MCT from here too.
For the international quality standard of MCT oil of affordable price, you may head on to our website for further details about the oils we have.