Normally, people use plant, animal or synthetic animal fat to cook. Some people opt for olive oil for a healthier choice. In Malaysia, most Malaysians use palm oil.
Whatever your choice is, sure it is not a waste to know another cooking oil that is extra healthy. You’ve heard of virgin olive oil, but have you heard virgin coconut oil?
Virgin coconut oil is no ordinary oil. But, how can you use it to cook?
Let’s dive into it.
Benefits of Cooking With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has been considered as a cure-all product and not only focusing based on beauty purposes. Now, the coconut has risen to prominence in the kitchens too.
But still, what is virgin coconut oil for cooking?
- High smoke point – 350F for baking and sautéing
- Antioxidant polyphenol.
- Anti-inflammable properties
- Animal friendly alternative to butter
- Long shelf life
- Can be used in baking, frying and greasing pan (solid form in Room Temperature)
Based on all of these benefits, it’s definitely a best choice to pick out virgin coconut oil as kitchen cooking oil despite the other oils that are available out there.
You may read our article to find out more on the 23 benefits of virgin coconut oil, before you start cooking.
Coconut Is Healthier
There are many reasons to support that coconut oil health benefits. It also has been widely marketed as a super food or healthy food by researchers.
If you are already familiar with the Keto diet, you probably might have heard of Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs).
The MCTs contribute a lot to your body by ensuring you receive the amount of nutrition and stay healthy.
Here are several evidences that portray coconut and MCTs provides health benefits to the consumers:
1) Help Lessen the Abdominal Fat
The presence of fatty acids in coconut oil helps to reduce consumer’s appetite and increase the fat burning on the consumer’s abdominal body part.
However, MCTs are still the one who play a major role to reduce belly fat effectively.
2) Boost Brain Function in Alzheimer’s disease
Studies show that people with Alzheimer’s disease may be facing their brain to have less ability to use glucose for energy.
To reduce the symptoms, the patients need to consume MCTs as it helps to enhance their brain functions.
MCTs can increase the blood levels of ketones, which acts as an alternative energy source and supply them to the brain cells of Alzheimer’s’ people and relieving symptoms.
3) May Reduce Seizures
The increasing amount of ketones may help to reduce the rate of seizures in children with epilepsy.
Therefore, the researchers suggested consuming coconut oil as MCTs in coconut oil will transport into the liver and turn them into ketones.
The researchers also have effectively used ketogenic diet as one of treatment diet and drug-resistant epilepsy for various disorders to the children with epilepsy.
4) May Reduce Hunger
Consuming MCTs coconut oil cooking has the potential to steer you to lose weight in the long term.
That is because the ketone plays a role to reduce your desire to eat and satiate your appetite. This results in you eating less calories per meal in a day.
5) Promote Fat Burning
It is undeniable that one research shows consuming 30 grams of MCTs per day raises the 24-hour energy expenditure by 5% and is able to increase the amount of calories body burns.
However, there is no study specifically portraying the effects of consuming coconut oil may contribute to the same effectiveness like MCTs.
That is because coconut oil contains high calories, which might steer you in gaining weight instead.
Keep reading to learn more about MCT oil in Malaysia:
Fat Amount and Calorie
In contrast to other fruits with high carbs, coconut mostly supply the greatest amount of fat (in MCTs form) and likely high nutritious that included with many functions in your body.
Here are the several tables of coconut oil, flakes and meats’ calories and fat contents, according to its weight variance.
1) 1 cup (100 Grams) of Raw and Dried Coconut Meat
|Raw coconut meat||Dried coconut meat|
|Fat||33 grams||65 grams|
2) 1 cup (80 Grams) of Fresh Shredded Coconut Meat
|Shredded coconut meat|
3) 1/3 cup of Coconut Flakes
4) 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
However, MCTs metabolize differently by your body compared to other fats, as they will be absorbing intact directly to your small intestine and your body utilised them as energy instead.
Coconut Oil for Weight Loss
Coconut oil has become a champion of its own compared to other cooking oils, especially when it comes to reducing your weight.
According to a book, The Coconut Miracle, coconut oil ensures to keep your metabolic rate increasing for 24 hours at consumption and allowing the burning fat sensation.
In this way, you may actually replace butter or olive oil with virgin coconut oil in your cooking or making desserts instead.
Simple Things You Can Cook With Coconut Oil
You probably already familiar with those benefits of coconut oil to your health, but now, time to sneak it into your meals with these easy recipes.
You may also spin the recipes following your own preference. Enjoy!
1) Pumpkin Bread with Toasted Coconut
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil (warm)
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Lightly coat loaf pan with non-stick spray (line with parchment paper, on all sides).
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, all spices, nutmeg and cloves in a big bowl.
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar and oil in another big bowl.
- Mix in all dry ingredients together.
- Scrap batter into prepared pan, smooth top and sprinkle pumpkin seeds, coconut and granulated sugar.
- Bake bread until it changes into golden brown colour.
- Bake it for around 50 – 60 minutes (until the tester inserted comes out clean).
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let the bread cool down for 30 minutes.
- Finally, turn out on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
2) Puffed Rice and Coconut Crunchies
- 1/2 cup plain puffed brown rice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil (warm liquefy)
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Throw in puffed rice, coconut flakes, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and paprika on a rimmed baking sheet – ensure rice and coconut are evenly coated.
- Season with salt.
- Roast them until coconut turns to golden brown colour.
- Finally, let it cool.
Briefly, following the benefits list from earlier, consuming coconut oil cooking is proven to appear safe and at the same time may enhance your health too.
If you want to purchase virgin coconut oil in bulk order, there is an excellent selection on RVCOMS website.
Wait, what is RVCOMS? What does the company offer?
The Raw Virgin Coconut Oil Malaysia Supplier (RVCOMS), or known as Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) supplier is a company that manufactures and supplies oils to consumers and producers, such as:
- Virgin coconut oil
- RBD oil
- Crude coconut oil
- MCT oil.
You can purchase an organic virgin coconut oil from our company RVCOMS, and feel free to contact us for any inquiries.